KFRD is Looking for You
The Kansasville Fire & Rescue Department is actively seeking local firefighters, Emergency Medical Technicians, non-responding Fire Corps Volunteers and Youth Fire Explorers. Be part of one of the most progressive volunteer emergency response organizations in Racine County. Training is provided and the benefits are substantial.
CALL US at 878-3811 or stop by the station at 23730 Durand Ave Kansasville, WI
Getting started with the KFRD is easy …
- At least 18 years of age
- No training required for non-responder, Fire Corps Members
- Complete application process which includes interviews, full criminal background check, character references, physical examination and drug screening. (usually takes 4-6 weeks to complete)
- Completion of basic orientation training program
- For Responding Members, completion of Firefighter I and/or Wisconsin EMT-Basic within 6 months of membership. (except Fire Corps members)
- Attendance at monthly meetings, trainings and special events.
General Membership Benefits
The KFRD provides an incredible atmosphere with state-of-the-art apparatus and equipment and these benefits that come with being part of the KFRD team …
- Training: All firefighting training is paid with passing class scores. EMT basic training expenses are reimbursed based on a two-year service agreement.
- Retirement: Length of Service Award Program after 5 years
- Tax Break: first $360.00 tax free Wisconsin State tax break incentive for volunteers
- Team: A great sense of community and serving a good cause
- Incentives: Uniforms, leadership incentive program, Community Service
- Leadership: Opportunities for advancement and responsibility on both the operational and administrative side of the KFRD
- Easy access from Burlington/Waterford, Kenosha and Racine Counties.
- Fitness: Fitness equipment use including treadmill and weight center
- New station expansion: Crew quarters provides comfort while on duty
- Internet Access: Work from the firehouse while you volunteer! High speed Internet access network
Non-Responder Volunteer Opportunities
FIRE CORPS www.firecorps.org – Non- emergency volunteers who desire to assist in duties within the Fire Department. A Virtual endless number of opportunities available to use your gifts and talents to help our Department and community.
CERT www.citizencorps.gov/cert/ – Community Emergency Response Team -Preparedness for large events and disasters.
EXPLORERS – Offers teens ages 16-21 an opportunity to learn about the fire service. A career based hands-on program teaching life experiences through the emergency services.